Classes begin quarterly
Learn UX/UI in 24 Weeks
Online Salt Lake City UX/UI Boot Camp
In today’s technology-driven world, phrases like “responsive design” and “user-friendly interface” have become increasingly important across industries. It’s no surprise that User Experience Researcher and UI Designer are among the top 100 best jobs in America with a projected growth rate of 19% and 27% respectively.*
Now more than ever, companies need innovative thinkers with the ability to transform their businesses through optimized interfaces and seamless user experiences.
- Maintain your work or college schedule by studying part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening and weekend hours.
- Apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.
- Tap into our wide range of career planning services to help you succeed in the field.
What You Receive
- Through immersive virtual instruction and complex projects, you will learn both the theory and tools used by modern designers, employing user-centered design and creative tools to build compelling designs and user experiences.
- You will receive access to a tutor network, allowing you to get help both inside and outside the classroom.
- You will be equipped with the technical skills you need to be competitive in the fields of user experience research and user interface design, and learn skills needed for effective product management and collaboration with front end web development teams.
- Those working to change career paths receive extensive career planning assistance, including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, 1:1 career coaching, soft skills training, and more.
- You will also gain industry insights through Tech Talks—quarterly online panels with local industry professionals.
- Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive a Certificate of Completion from the University of Utah Continuing Education & Community Engagement, showcasing your accomplishment to future employers.
User-Centric Design Research:
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Practices
- Information Architecture and Flow
- User Need Identification
- User Experience Interviewing
- Persona Creation
- Insight Synthesis
Visual Prototyping and Wireframing:
- Adobe XD
- Google Slides
- Decision Mapping
- Decision Flow Diagrams
User Interface Development:
- Atomic Design
- UI Grids and Composition
- Color Theory
- Heuristic Evaluation
- Interaction Design and Iconography
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our UX/UI Boot Camp in Utah is being held via our tried and tested virtual classroom experience. Call us at (801) 895-2166 for more information on how to apply, or visit our online experience page to learn more.
No prior UX/UI knowledge or experience is required. Our pre-course tutorials will get students prepared before classes begin.
No, applicants to University of Utah Professional Education UX/UI Boot Camp do not need to be University of Utah students. This program is offered through University of Utah Professional Education.
- 24-week program
- Classes held two weekdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.